Monday, June 06, 2011

Things I would do If I had the balls.

When I was young I had no problem pushing the boundaries of acceptability in public. I'd dye my hair purple and twist it into braids/locks. I pierced my eyebrow and wore a spiked dog collar just to go to Jack-In-The-Box. Also, I'd yell at people I didn't like and was, in general, a shithead. However, I find as I get older I do not look for conflict with strangers. It reflects poorly on yourself and never results positively. See? I'm old now!

Still, there are a lot of things I think would be fun to do for no other reason that it shits all over someone's superstitious or skewed beliefs.



I have to filter the things I say at work...then I have to run it through the filter 2 more times. I work with people that have what seems to be a 3rd grade grasp on reality. They are either very superstitious or have odd double standards. And if you try to reason with them, not only will they not listen, they will take it as a personal attack.




I suppose the thing that makes me a bit upset, though, is the fact that if you call people out on their ridiculous ideologies they will refer to you as someone who "tries to act smart" or "militant atheist" or "horrible douchebag nigger-lovin' faggot". However, to try to talk reason with the unreasonable will garner you a lot of disrespect where I work. I strongly discourage it.

I suppose that is why I have fantasies of public displays of assholery. Still, I talk myself out of it and update my blog every few years. That will have to do for now, I suppose.

Maybe I'll take up graffiti.



Nah...

No comments: